Do you want to create a stunning user profile for your registered users? With the right WordPress frontend user profile plugin, you can easily achieve that.
A user profile plugin streamlines the process of designing customized account pages, making it a breeze for beginners without deep coding knowledge.
The WordPress plugin market offers many options for adding user profiles to your site. That’s why, we’ve thoroughly researched the best plugins to simplify your search.
So, let’s start if you’re ready to learn more about them!
If you are in a hurry, here are our top recommendations.
Pre-built Profile Page
Create and Customize User Profiles
Conditional Profile Page
Shortcodes for Adding User Profile
Front-end User Profile
Add Custom Tabs to Profiles
User Account Page
Edit Profile Permalinks
User Profile Builder
Customize User Profiles
Enable Profile Avatar Upload
Selected Profile Details Visibility
Why Do You Need a WordPress Frontend User Profile Plugin?
WordPress does offer user profiles by default that the user and admin can edit if required. Then, why use a WordPress frontend user profile plugin at all?
Well, here are a few significant reasons why:
- Using a plugin, you can style user profiles by editing layouts, fonts, and colors without the need for complex coding.
- Allows users to create and manage profiles without needing backend/admin access. Provides a more engaging frontend experience.
- Enables users to showcase their identity with profiles, avatars, bios, social links, etc.
- Enables easy integration and syncing of user profiles with third-party platforms like Mailchimp, WooCommerce, social networks, forums, etc.
- You can create advanced groups and communities where users can find and interact with each other through user profiles.
With that said, let’s jump into our list of the best WordPress user profile plugins.
10 Best WordPress Frontend User Profile Plugins
User Registration stands out as the top-notch WordPress plugin for creating user profiles.
This powerful plugin is designed to help build custom registration and login forms seamlessly, without any coding hassle.
With this plugin, you can also easily create, customize, and style the frontend user profile. User Registration even offers a pre-built user profile page, so you don’t need to build one yourself.
One of the perks of using the User Registration plugin is that it also enables you to modify the profile’s layout, colors, and fonts with Style Customizer.
Additionally, with its Customize My Account extension, you can adjust and handle the sections and user dashboard easily.
- Allows users to make changes to their profiles
- Display profile information in sidebars and widget area
- Use shortcodes to quickly add the frontend user profile to your site
- Apply conditional profile fields for different user roles
- Offers spam protection with Google reCAPTCHA and Honeypot
Price: Freemium (Premium Plan Starts from $79/year for a Single Site License)
Ultimate Member is your best option if you’re looking to build advanced online communities within your WordPress website.
The plugin allows you to easily create a space where people can join as members. It also provides lists of members so they can find each other on your website.
Moreover, you’ll have the capability to design appealing frontend user profiles for each user.
Further, when you incorporate registration and login features, you’ll possess all the essential components to construct a complete membership website.
- Role assignment at registration
- Enables you to edit profile permalinks
- Allow to add the custom tabs to profiles
- Control permissions for each user role
- Enable users to delete their accounts
Price: Freemium (Premium Plan Starts from $249 for Extensions Pass License)
Next on our list is User Profile Builder, a one-of-a-kind WordPress frontend user profile plugin.
Alongside creating custom registration and login forms, you can customize user profiles for your site’s registered users.
The User Profile Builder includes convenient shortcodes that enable you to effortlessly add login, registration, and password recovery forms in just a minute.
Furthermore, you have the flexibility to generate multiple user listings and customize the visibility of profile details on the frontend.
- Enables you to add, edit, remove, or clone user roles and capabilities
- Customize templates for admin or user email notifications
- Avatar Upload field to let users upload avatars on their profile
- Admin approval feature to manually approve each registration
- Lets you create a map of user locations
Price: Freemium (Premium Plan Starts from €99 for a Single Site License)
SureMembers stands as a stellar WordPress user profile plugin that transforms user experience.
SureMembers excels with its user-friendly approach, allowing easy member detail updates.
It empowers users to edit their profiles, change passwords, and even upload avatars right from the frontend.
Thus, with SureMembers, you’re not just offering profiles; you’re delivering a user-centric journey that keeps members engaged and satisfied.
- Frontend profile editing on the frontend of the website
- Redirect users to your product sales page
- Customizable profile fields
- Add/Remove groups of users into access groups with bulk user editing
- Show/hide menu depending on access group
Price: Freemium (Premium Plan Starts from $69 for a Single Site License)
Perfect for building member communities and user profiles, WP User Manager is another option for you to consider.
It lets you add custom fields to the frontend profiles. Likewise, it enables your users to update their profile with WooCommerce shipping and billing details.
By installing this WordPress frontend user profile plugin on your website, users can create and join various groups within the community.
Furthermore, you can offer content tailored to each member’s preferences and requirements.
- Supports login and registration through social media accounts
- Sync users with their Mailchimp account
- Empower users to edit their avatars
- Permits users to publish posts on the platform
- WPML integration for translations to various languages
Price: Freemium (Premium Plan Starts from $149 for a Starter Plan)
MemberPress is one of the best WordPress plugins for user profiles, ideal for building advanced membership websites.
You can completely personalize user accounts and control their access.
There’s also a feature for managing corporate memberships, which is great for organizing many accounts together.
Unlike the majority of the plugins on our list, MemberPress is a premium plugin. So, you’ll have to subscribe to one of its plans to try this plugin. But it’s definitely worth all the incredible features you get!
- Set up a payment requirement to access certain content
- Provide a dashboard exclusive to members
- Connect with email marketing services for efficient marketing campaigns
- Allow users to download files
- Supports multiple payment gateways
Price: Costs $179.50 for a Basic Plan
WP User Frontend is one of the outstanding free WordPress frontend user profile plugins for your website.
As the name suggests, this plugin helps you handle everything user-related from the frontend for the best experience.
Hence, you get frontend user profiles that you can easily edit using the profile or registration builder. Likewise, you can receive post submissions through the frontend as well.
WP User Frontend lets you create paid memberships and enforce content or menu restrictions. Plus, you can use a subscription model and accept recurring payments.
- Enables image upload directly from the frontend
- Includes a private messaging feature
- Admins can manage users from the frontend
- Comes with ready-made layouts and templates for forms
- Understand your users better with user analytics and reports
Price: Freemium (Premium Plan Starts from $49 for a Single Site License)
UserPro is a complete solution when it comes to managing users on a WordPress website.
It incorporates all the necessary features for seamlessly integrating a user login and registration system into your website.
Thus, you get access to the user, admin, form, email notifications, and social connect features with this single plugin.
Furthermore, you have the option to showcase user details through an attractive profile card on the frontend.
Additionally, the plugin includes a member directory, allowing your users to search and find other members via their profile pages.
- Integrate user accounts with BuddyPress profiles
- Admins can block or unblock user accounts
- Award users with badges and achievements
- Display profile pictures in a popup lightbox
- Send registration invitations to specific users.
Price: $39 for a Regular License
RegistrationMagic is primarily a registration plugin that allows user registration through custom sign-up forms.
RegistrationMagic enhances your email marketing efforts by effortlessly linking user profiles with Mailchimp.
For this, all you have to do is map the registration fields on your website with a suitable Mailchimp list.
- Let users register or log in with their social accounts
- Shortcode to create a custom user profile page
- Detailed form and field analytics are available
- Role-based redirection available
- Set up Two-factor Authentication (2FA)
Price: Freemium (Premium Plan Starts from $89 for a Single Site License)
Last but not least, ProfileGrid is a fantastic WordPress plugin for custom user profiles.
It helps you quickly build user profiles, groups, and communities for a vibrant online community.
If you own an online store, you can create custom WooCommerce user profiles for your customers. And you also get custom bbPress user profiles if you want to add a forum to your site.
Besides that, the plugin also provides paid memberships, content restrictions, social activity, and more.
- Offers several user profile types
- Enables user profile filters based on groups on the directories page
- Allows users to engage in private messaging
- Users can post blogs directly from the frontend
- Limit memberships for each group
Price: Freemium (Premium Plan Starts from $79 for a Single Site License)
Choosing through the plethora of WordPress frontend user profile plugins can be challenging.
That’s why, we’ve curated a collection of premium user profile page plugins to streamline the plugin selection process.
Essentially, these plugins are crafted to produce visually engaging frontend user profiles.
Each one presents distinctive features and pricing options, allowing you to select the one that resonates best with your needs.
This sums up our article on the best WordPress frontend user profile plugins.